Technical Information and Troubleshooting
The following technical information is included to help you prepare to connect to and view the seminars in the most optimal way.
- We will provide a live Webcast (not a Webinar) to enable receiving the broadcast at your desktop computer.
- You will not need a login or a telephone number to dial into for your audio.
- This webcast is complete with audio and video of the live satellite broadcast, plus a separate window with the presentation slides.
- Be sure to give yourself time to try out the test links "before" the day of the Seminar.
- The Webcasts will be archived after the live broadcast and are available 24/7 from a link on this website.
- The link to the Live Webcast will be available on each seminar's page by the day of each course.
- Call IT support if you need to obtain permission to view streaming video.
- A computer with a broadband connection of at least 512kbs per user on the network is needed. Best viewing results will be with high-speed connections.
- If using Internet Explorer on a PC you will need the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in. (Download for Silverlight)
- If using another browser (officially only supports Firefox and Chrome) or a Mac you will need the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in.
- Be sure your computer speakers are turned on and the volume turned up before the broadcast.
Test Your System
Well before the broadcast, test your system compatibility using the following links:
- Streaming media test
- Test my broadband. Java is required to run this test. Get Java
- Test Silverlight Player
- If you need assistance with testing or have connection issues please check the FAQ first then check with your IT support. If more help is needed e-mail email@example.com or call 865-974-7561.
- Important note: To avoid buffering issues, a computer with a broadband connection of at least 512kbs per user on you local network is needed. Best viewing results will be with high-speed connections. Be sure to give yourself time to try out the test links before the day of the Seminar. Consult your IT department if you do not have adequate broadband capability.
Tune in at a Downlink Facility (contact your training coordinator, video facility manager, or IT department) Broadcast downlink coordinates for the seminar date: September 27, 2012, 1:30 PM
- Downlink Coordinates
Test time 1:15 PM - 1:30 PM ET
Program from 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM ET
Satellite: GALAXY 25 (Digital Ku)
Transponder: 13 – Slot 1
Uplink: 14249.5 H
Downlink: 11949.5 V
Format: Standard Def, 16x9, Anamorphic
Symbol Rate: 3.9787
- Broadcast time
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM ET
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM CT
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM MT
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM PT
- Technical Support for Downlink Facility
Available through all Federal Education Networks such as DETN/GETN
Military/Federal Site DETN Facilitator Registration:
- All federal and military GETN site facilitators MUST register for these free, public domain programs to receive illumination authentication (GETN/Warrior dishes).
- Sites may register at: http://www.dlnets.com/USDA/telereg.htm or by calling Ed Kronholm's Office, the Satellite Registrations Coordinator, toll-free at 877-820-0305 or 888-820-4898
- To see sites near you go to: http://getn.govdl.org/, click on Site Locations by State.
- Individual participants must register here